Equipment and Services
Krown Braille TTY
To aid the Deaf-Blind in having a conversation over the telephone, Krown Manufacturing Inc. has developed a new Krown Braille-TTY telephone. This device allows the user to communicate with a Relay Operator, another TDD, or even a Braille-TTY user in the United States and all over the world. The conversation is displayed on the Braille display from the ALVA Braille Terminal. The Braille display has a 23-cell, 8 dot Braille Navigator. The ALVA display can be used as a computer navigator with software and cable included. The TDD machine comes with Auto answer, 9 speed dial memory numbers, and 4 programmable memory buffers with up to 8000 characters to hold greetings, preset messages and conversations. The durable rechargeable battery of the TDD will last for 6 hours of use without interruptions and is easily rechargeable after plugging in the DC adapter overnight.
• Keyboard: 2 modes: TTY keyboard with 47 keys 12 function keys. Perkins style 7 keys Braille keyboard with soft-switch.
• Display: 20 characters Blue vacuum fluorescent
• DC adapter: 9V, 1200mA, Communication: Baudot 45.5 or International speed selectable
• Battery: Heavy duty Ni-Cad 5 pack 1700mA/h
• Electronic voice: Automatically reset with incoming TTY tones signals, notifies Hearing Caller with a synthesized voice
• Physical dimension: W 10″, L 10″, H 2.5″ weight 3 lbs. with batteries
• Direct connect/Auto-answer: Connect the PV20JR + direct to the telephone line. Automatically answer the call and display the incoming call on the Braille display. Call recorded in internal memory. Programmable outgoing messages